Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This year is moving fast!

I have an "unofficial" goal of proposing by the end of 2010. Its half way through the year and its moving along rapidly, the year that is. I am struggling with completing what needs to be completed to meet my goal. I still have to ask her parents for permission, pay more towards the ring (which is the toughest since it is basically on hold now) and once those two things are done I have to plan Operation: Engage. I feel like I keep passing up opportunities to ask the 'rents for permission....seeing them a few weeks ago and for a get together at the grandparents house and missing Fathers Day at the grandparents house. I can't afford to pass up any more opportunities to complete this task. Then there is the need to get them alone to ask. I don't want to ask them separately or ask just the father. I wan't to ask both parents.

Then the need for money to get the ring. Don't even want to get into that!

I have also added Bald Head Island, NC into the mix for the proposal place. We were near there this past weekend and I suggested that maybe we come back later this year and make a trip over there for the day (she hasn't been but I have and it would be a possiblity).

Its also getting to the point where everyone in her life (grandmother included) is asking when we are getting engaged....my friends have asked me this in the past but guys do this all the time not expecting that you will actually even get married.

Her cousin's fiance wants to get married in December, close to Christmas...they were just engaged! This shouldn't affect my plans though because I am hoping to propose by the end of November (ring availability). It doesn't seem to be affecting G as far as "they are getting marred and we aren't even engaged yet."

Well, that is what is going on in the mind of a SOON TO BE GROOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment