Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Engagement Story (not mine)

Another call came in last night from G's sister. Their cousin asked his girlfriend of 3 years to marry him. Great, now what? After talking about this for a few minutes, she jokingly (and I say that half-heartedly) said, "you better get on the ball and get a ring." And of course I agree with her but as you know I have a ring, sorta. I picked one out 3 months ago and am making small payments until I need it and then will take out a loan. At that point its inevitable and will happen rather quickly.

How can I keep her at bay until I'm ready? She is a very, very impatient person anyway and then you add in two proposals in a month and now I am behind the eight ball. But I'm really not! I am just in Phase 1 of my plan. Plans this detailed and this important can't be rushed. The irony of it all is that a proposal may be on her mind more than it is mine and I have this freakin blog going on and quite frankly am in control of said proposal.

What should I do?

I can't spill the beans about it or do anything out of the ordinary because she will catch on and I don't want it to be obvious or seem like I am rushing my plan. Oh and to boot, said cousin proposed in Germany. It's no (Paris) France but I would assume it's pretty damn romantic.

Signed,
Need Answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment